Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Iranian Tablecloth



>I was out doing my weekly thrift shopping, when I ran in to this beauty! When I first saw it I thought "this would look way awesome in my kitchen." I took the cloth off the hanger to look over it to see if it had any damages (so I could get a better deal). The tablecloth is in really good shape.I went ahead and payed the asking price ($3.99), a bet much, but it is so beautiful. When I got home with my new finds I went ahead, and just ironed the cloth. There wasn't a tag, but a water mark showed up when I ran over it with heat, it reads "MESHKAT HANDPRINTED FAST COLOR MADE IN IRAN" WHAT?! I thought to myself. Handprinted from Iran, here in a thrift shop, just for me.
This peace of work in one of my best finds, next to the huge sewing box full of vintage sewing supplies I use! But that's another story.

1 comment: