Monday, August 10, 2009

My Conclusion

I was talking with Mathew Sr tonight, coming up with why I am striving to be a tightwad and pioneer. Saving money is no longer the reason why I do the things I do. I thought, well, maybe I would like a bigger house, well, that is not the reason either. I came to the conclusion that I am learning how to do these things for the sake of survival!
People no longer grow there own food or raise their own chickens, or even make their own supplies because it would be easier to go to the store and purchase it. It's really sad that I have to go online. or read books on how to survive because we are no longer taught how. I know you can go down to the dollar tree and buy a tube of tooth paste as appose to making your own. If you make your own tooth paste you will have the ingredients to make other things you might need, like laundry detergent, or baking cookies! Not only dose this all spread out, but you also learn the skills of doing something for your family and yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Our society has lost much I think with all of our technological advances...I think you have the right idea.
    Love the new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new direction Sarah.

    ReplyDelete